The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+9
bojim1
bicho
scooper
greybelt
BobbyP
lasombra
kdmarket
Wildcat44
gathol
13 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 7/15/2024, 11:18 am

From Goldin: Hollywood Casting Office. 1938. Program #1. Broadcasters Program Syndicate/Bruce Eells and Associates syndication. Music fill for local commercial insert. A variety show with a casting office format. Talented, but mostly unidentified performers are featured. "Mr. Gad Zooks" emotes. A Hawaiian group sings something Polynesian with jive. A "hot" girl trio, Jesse Pryor, a Negro tenor who yodels and imitates a guitar with his mouth...at the same time! Good show! The date is approximate. Jesse Pryor, Bud Jameson (m.c.).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by gathol 7/16/2024, 9:48 am

Here's To Veterans. Program #75. Veterans Administration syndication. "The Jack Benny Show". Jack is at home, trying to fix his phonograph. . Dennis Day, Don Wilson, Jack Benny, Mary Livingstone, Phil Harris and His Orchestra, Eddie Anderson. 15 minutes, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Here_s to Veterans 0075 Jack Benny - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here_s to Veterans 0869 Speedy West Show - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I promised everyone a surprise yesterday and here it is - The H-O Surprise Program. Unfortunately this version isn't any more complete than Goldin's.

The H-O Surprise Program. 1932. Program #10. MacGregor and Sollie syndication. "The Havana Nightclub". Hecker's Oats. The first tune is, "Havanita." The first 9:16 only. 9:46, Audio Condition: very good to excellent audio, incomplete.

H-O Surprise Program 32xxxx 0010 The Havana Nightclub - incomplete - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/17/2024, 10:00 am

For today:

Cities Service 501016 Football Medley - Disc 1 only of 2 - no open - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regarding Cities Service it would seem the more proper title would be College Songs Medley, but I just left the title as the disc had it.

Country Hoedown xxxx Jim Reeves - Oklahoma Hills - no Navy recruiting spots - edited - possibly Program 25B - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regarding Country Hoedown I was not given a good look at the disc as episode played, so I don't know the program number, but Goldin does list Program 25B as this artist with this first song. Faron Young is also on the show so that also matches.

Grand Ole Opry - Pet Milk 591023 0187 Wilburn Brothers - A Woman_s Intuition -

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/17/2024, 2:59 pm

Admiration Coffee Shop 470929 Ep001 Introductions

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/18/2024, 9:45 am

Presenting Charles Boyer 50-09-28 (16) The Clock

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/18/2024, 1:42 pm

Just a hodge podge of incomplete items today because the original poster only had one disc of a multi-disc set. I have no idea about this first recording - I couldn't find anything about fox hunting on NBC from the date on the disc.

Fox Hunting 501206 The Sheldon Pack - NBC Reference Recording - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saint David_s Society 390103 nbcb 1700 104th Annual Banquet - disc 2 only of 3 - incomplete -

US Military Academy Founder_s Day 510317 Cadet Mess - Sons of Slum and Gravy - incomplete -

A couple of notes about the US Military Academy file. First, the NY Times from jjonz on that date has a 149th anniversary show on WNBC at 2pm until 2:30. I'm guessing this is just a portion of that show but am not totally sure. Second, the 2nd half of the disc with the West Point Choir singing Alma Mater must have been side two of the disc. It had a date of 3/17/41. I couldn't find anything about a West Point program on that date so I think it must have been a typo. If I do need to make a correction to the file I will do so.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/19/2024, 6:54 am

Country Music Time 0250 The Wilburn Brothers - Blue Blue Day - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Country Style USA 0002 Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Country Style USA 0237 Lefty Frizzell - Somebody_s Pushing - no Army recruiting spots - edited -

Tomorrow will be two more Country Style USA's and a Department of the Treasury disc. After that, we should be back to where we left off with the H's.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/20/2024, 8:56 am

Country Style USA 0255 Flatt and Scruggs - I_m Crying My Heart Out Over You -

Country Style USA 0256 Patsy Cline - Lovesick Blues - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Department of the Treasury 0969-1773 W Christensen Orch - Let_s Finish the Job -

After making yesterday's post and telling you what I would post today, I made a (at least to me) very interesting discovery in a youtube account that had just been posted in the last day. So, you will get a bonus today. A missing Avalon Time featuring Red Skelton - well, discs 2 and 4 of it. I'm not sure out of how many discs; these were running fast at I assume 78rpm. The date was on the disc, but there was no title so I went with the first thing I heard Red talk about. I also chose to keep the two parts separate just in case the other parts do show up eventually.

Avalon Time 390715 Baseball All-Star Game - disc 2 only - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Avalon Time 390715 Baseball All-Star Game - disc 4 only - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For internal evidence of the date the 1939 Baseball All-Star Game was played July 11, 1939 and was at Yankee Stadium.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/20/2024, 2:00 pm

From Goldin: What's My Name?. July 26, 1939. NBC net. Ipana, Sal Hepatica. The program is also referred to as, "Town Hall Tonight," possibly as a summer replacement for Fred Allen. The first question is, "Who is one of the greatest names in prize-fighting?" The first contestant guesses the answer correctly. The fourth show of the series. The third contestant is Ted De Corsia, whose appearance turns into a Sal Hepatica commercial. Nick Kenny (of The New York Daily Mirror) and Martin Lewis (of Radio Guide magazine) appear as contestants. Nick guesses a correct answer before Arlene can ask the question!. Arlene Francis (quizmaster), Fred Uttal, Mark Hawley, Nick Kenny, Martin Lewis, Ted de Corsia.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 7/20/2024, 4:15 pm

Big news about the Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection is at

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, bojim1, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and Yankeegipper57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/21/2024, 9:41 am

Back to the H's.

Here's To Veterans. Program #461. Veterans Administration syndication. The first tune is "The Water Tumbler Tune.". Eartha Kitt, Henri Rene and His Orchestra. 14:25, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Here_s to Veterans 0461 Henri Rene with Eartha Kitt - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This Hi Neighbor series was produced by The National Mental Health Foundation. Eddie Albert is the narrator.

Hi Neighbor 0001 The Bobbysoxers Rebellion - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Neighbor 0002 The School for Marriage - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, scooper, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 7/21/2024, 9:51 am

thanks gathol for the missing avalon show

added disc 2 & 4 in flac

kdmarket
kdmarket

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/22/2024, 9:59 am

I don't know where the date came from on this file. I am guessing the Youtube poster may have had additional information with the disc. I did not have this Baby Snooks. There was no title so I went with what I felt was the main cause of "trouble" for Snooks and Daddy in this episode.

Baby Snooks 480430 Miss Sycamore Terrace Contest - AFRS 22 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Neighbor 0003 What Every Woman Wants - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Neighbor 0004 Relax and Enjoy It - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, scooper, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/22/2024, 10:52 am

Information Please 400730 Ep117 John Gunther, Alva Johnson

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/23/2024, 8:39 am

Hi Neighbor 0005 Daydreams Go to School - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Neighbor 0006 Somebody Do Something - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Neighbor 0007 As the Kids Go - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have three more Hi Neighbors so we will finish that series up tomorrow.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/24/2024, 2:19 am

Hi Neighbor 0008 Everybody Gets Into the Act - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Neighbor 0009 That_s My Old Man - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Neighbor 0010 Sons and Husbands - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, scooper, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper 7/24/2024, 12:02 pm

Thank you for these, Gathol!. At 15 minutes, they are just long enough to tell their story.

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/24/2024, 12:07 pm

Gasoline Alley 480716 Ep001 A Trip And A Trap

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/25/2024, 9:04 am

George Fisher_s Filmtown Featurettes - eps 61-64 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Todays episodes:

0061 Telephonically Speaking
0062 Lyle Betteger
0063 Oscars
0064 Are Women Smarter Than Men

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/25/2024, 12:28 pm

Honor the Law 38-01-24 ep11 Pretty Boy Larson's Revenge.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bicho 7/25/2024, 7:17 pm

[quote="gathol"]Back to the H's.

Here's To Veterans. Program #461. Veterans Administration syndication. The first tune is "The Water Tumbler Tune.". Eartha Kitt, Henri Rene and His Orchestra. 14:25, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Here_s to Veterans 0461 Henri Rene with Eartha Kitt - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thanks for harald m. kirchstein! that was the real name of henri rené! he was one of the leaders of one of the swingin´s groups in nazi germany, the "goldene 7", before he emigrates into the usa in 1936 from hitler deutschland and makes a great career in "easy listening" music.

bicho

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 7/26/2024, 2:41 am

Thanks you very much lasombra!

bojim1

lasombra likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/26/2024, 7:26 am

George Fisher Interviews the Stars - eps 61-64 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0061 Bill Demarest
0062 Sarah Churchill
0063 Vincent Price
0064 Evelyn Keyes

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/26/2024, 11:22 am

Hildegarde's Radio Room 45-11-13 Guest Frances Faye AFRS #30

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 7/27/2024, 9:26 am

George Fisher_s Filmtown Featurettes - eps 65-68 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0065 Joan Crawford
0066 Diana Lynn
0067 Film Realism
0068 George Fisher_s Mailbag

George Fisher Interviews the Stars - eps 65-68 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0065 Eleanor Parker
0066 Beverly Tyler
0067 Charles Laughton
0068 Gale Storm

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next