The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by toebig 11/30/2022, 4:49 pm

Sorry to have been absent for a couple of weeks. I have that new flu that's going around (not covid). That and the fact that it was Carolyn's first birthday since she went home to Heaven really threw me for a loop. I'm still not completely over it, but I am better.

I'll be leaving in a few days to spend Christmas and New Years with my son's family in Albuquerque (had to learn to spell that when he moved there).

Take care, stay safe and healthy,

Tom

Escape 47-10-01 The Most Dangerous Game
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Danny Kaye 45-01-20 Milking machine

toebig

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by bojim1 12/1/2022, 3:42 am

God Bless.....Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 Gettyimages-979995876-1558471204.jpg?crop=0.668xw:1.00xh;0

bojim1

CRGibson, soorhands and toebig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 12/1/2022, 12:07 pm

Ep 01 Danger In Paradise

Adventures of Frank Merriwell 46-10-19

toebig

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/1/2022, 12:20 pm

Junior Celebrities 1-14-1951 (MBS) Hosted by Jack Berry

My landlord texted me saying we need to meet up and talk about how high my heating bill is.
I replied back: "Sure, my door is always open."

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 12/2/2022, 8:53 pm

Does anyone have this program?

The Raleigh Room. January 02, 1946. Program #36. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. Buddy Clark substitutes for Hildegarde, who is out sick. The first tune is, "Great Day." The program's guest is Carmel Meyers, the Hollywood socialite. Jay Jostyn appears as, "Mr. District Attorney," who is trying to find "The Maharajah Diamond." The music fill has been deleted. Buddy Clark, Carmel Meyers, Joey Faye, Harry Sosnik and His Orchestra, Joan Caulfield, Jay Jostyn. 21:43. Audio Condition: Good to very good. Incomplete.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/2/2022, 9:04 pm

Yes, but not the greatest sound quality.
Hildegarde's Radio Room 46-01-02 Buddy Clark subs guest is Jay Jostyn AFRS

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 12/3/2022, 9:08 am

Thanks lasombra!
Working on my Mr DA stuff and I didn't have that!

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/3/2022, 10:57 pm

Make Believe Town Hollywood 490816 Hollywood Romance

Why did the bald man paint rabbits on his head?
Because from a distance, they looked like hares!

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/5/2022, 1:01 pm

Armchair Detective 07 Case of the Impatient Heir

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/6/2022, 9:37 am

It's Higgins, Sir 510731 ep05 A Day In the Woods

I didn’t think the chiropractor would improve my posture. But I stand
corrected.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/7/2022, 12:58 pm

Xavier Cugat Show #48 Final Program of Series

What did the surgeon say to the patient who insisted on closing up his own incision?
Suture self.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/8/2022, 12:03 pm

Captain Midnight 47-02-11 (MBS) The Man with the Missing Finger

I’m giving up drinking until Christmas!
Sorry, bad punctuation.
I’m giving up, drinking until Christmas!

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/10/2022, 12:30 pm

The Todds 48-07-30 (NBC) 1st song Toolie Oolie Doolie

Studies show cows produce more milk when the farmer talks to them. It’s a case of in one ear and out the udder.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 12/11/2022, 2:12 am

Posted by Brian Kavenaugh on Facebook yesterday

Dropbox/OneDrive/pCloud - Let George Do It v2212 #updateddistro
OTRR maintained Let George Do It v2212 (10.5 GB on Windows/244 episodes) is available for download from Dropbox, OneDrive or pCloud. Thanks to all those who made this collection possible.
IMPORTANT: This is being distributed as three zip files. In Windows, right-click on the file and choose Extract all.
These links will be available for 30 days. The episodes of this set will be released on our YouTube channel at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] starting December 25.

Dropbox: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
   OneDrive: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
   pCloud: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Synopsis:
Let George Do It was a radio drama series produced by Owen and Pauline Vinson from 1946 to 1954. It starred Bob Bailey as detective-for-hire George Valentine (with Olan Soule stepping into the role in 1954). Clients came to Valentine's office after reading a newspaper carrying his classified ad: “Personal notice: Danger's my stock in trade. If the job's too tough for to handle, you've got a job for me. George Valentine.”
The few earliest episodes were more sitcom than private eye shows, with a studio audience providing scattered laughter at the not-so-funny scripts. Soon the audience was banished, and George went from stumbling comedic hero to tough guy private eye and the music from wah-wah-wah to suspenseful.
Valentine's secretary was Claire Brooks, aka Brooksie (Frances Robinson, Virginia Gregg, Lillian Buyeff). As Valentine made his rounds in search of the bad guys, he usually encountered Brooksie's kid brother, Sonny (Eddie Firestone), Lieutenant Riley (Wally Maher) and elevator man Caleb (Joseph Kearns). For the first few shows, Sonny was George's assistant, but he was soon relegated to an occasional character.
Sponsored by Standard Oil, the program was broadcast on the West Coast Mutual Broadcasting System from October 18, 1946 to September 27, 1954, first on Friday evenings and then on Mondays. In its last season, transcriptions were aired in New York, Wednesdays at 9:30pm, from January 20, 1954 to January 12, 1955.
John Hiestand was the program's announcer. Don Clark directed the scripts by David Victor and Jackson Gillis. The background music was supplied by Eddie Dunstedter, initially with a full orchestra. When television supplanted radio as the country's primary home entertainment, radio budgets got skimpier and skimpier and Dunstedter's orchestra was replaced by an organ.
Updates:

Most episodes upgraded in sound quality. Many also updated to lossless format.
   Documentation proofed and updated.

bojim1

Jim9, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 12/11/2022, 3:40 am

I'd like to save Let George Do It to Dropbox but the URL is incomplete. Or, very likely, I am doing something wrong.
Thanks for sharing!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

bojim1 and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/11/2022, 4:02 pm

Douglas of the World 53-xx-xx The  Judgement Day

Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 12/12/2022, 2:57 am

pnussbaum.....I went back to Facebook & opened it. No idea why none of the links posted here don't work but they don't ENJOY!!

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, pnussbaum, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and Crunklydunks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 12/12/2022, 3:55 am

Thanks again, bojim!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

bojim1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/12/2022, 11:10 pm

Murder Will Out 5-8-1946 (ABC) Mystery of the Swindled Song Writer

A dog accepts you as the boss... a cat wants to see your resume.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/13/2022, 3:19 pm

Baker's Broadcast 37-11-07 (NBC) Ralph Bellamy, ZaSu Pitts

A very thirsty man goes into a bar. As he's sitting down, he hears the man next to him tell the bartender, "I'll have another waterloo."
The bartender gives the fellow a tall, well-iced drink, then asks the newcomer what he would like to drink. Thinking the other man's drink may be a specialty of the house, he says, "I'll have a waterloo, too."
The bartender gives him the tall, well-iced drink and the customer takes a big drink. "Hey," he says. "This isn't any good. It tastes just like water!"
The man next to him looks at the bartender and says, "Well, it is water. Right, Lou?"

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/15/2022, 4:12 pm

Abe Burrows Show 470816 Ep04  Herman The Harp

Life is too short to waste time matching socks.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 12/16/2022, 10:34 am

Box 13 "Daytime Nightmare" was broadcast on General Electric Theater, Season 3, Episode 11, on December 5, 1954. It was retitled "Committed." Dan Holiday is kidnapped, framed for a murder, and sent to a mental institution. He escapes and proves his innocence.

There's no Suzie, there's no mention of the Box 13 address. But the famous ad is mentioned. This was a pilot for a Box 13 TV series.
More details at IMDb [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The show can be found in a few channels on YouTube
Free The Kinescopes! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Great Detectives of Old Time Radio [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Colorized (a colorized version) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and it is also at The Internet Archive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, duhar and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/16/2022, 2:48 pm

Crime Files Of Flammond 44-04-18 (16) The Squealing Duck

A union president was sitting at his son's bedside getting ready to read him a bedtime story.
He starts out, "Once upon a time and a half . . . "

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 12/17/2022, 11:55 am

Continental Celebrity Club 46-03-09 (CBS) Guest Pat O'Brien

I bought a little bag of air today. The company that made it was kind enough to put some potato chips in it as well.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 12/18/2022, 8:40 pm

American Radio Theater has recreated a missing Sam Spade!  It's from August 30, 1946, "Sam and the Scythian Tiara" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, kdmarket and otrhead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next