The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 21 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 7/18/2023, 10:49 am

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - 'The Bathurst Disappearance'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 21 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 7/20/2023, 11:26 am

Hollywood Showcase 380410 Ep001 Salute To Irving Berlin

I pulled a muscle searching for gold . . .
No worries though, it's just a miner injury.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/21/2023, 12:26 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - 'The Buried Treasure'

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 7/22/2023, 2:07 am

Ted Davenport

Here is a series that was ahead of its time. I remember Jim Crow from my early childhood. The south was notorious for this. We still haven't learned the truth that all men are created equal. Why haven't we embraced this truth?

Destination Freedom

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/22/2023, 1:39 pm

Burl Ives Show 1948-01-30 From Detroit with Golden Gate Quartet

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 7/23/2023, 2:01 am

Brian Kavanaugh ·
DROPBOX LINK
·
Dropbox/OneDrive/pCloud - Blue Beetle v2307 #updateddistro
OTRR-maintained Blue Beetle v2307 (2.68 GB on Windows/48 episodes) is available for download from Dropbox, OneDrive or pCloud. Thanks to all those who made this collection possible.
IMPORTANT: This is being distributed as two zip files. In Windows, right-click on the file and choose Extract all.
These links will be available for 30 days. The episodes of this set will be released on our YouTube channel at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] starting July 22.
Dropbox: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OneDrive: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pCloud: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Synopsis
The Blue Beetle follows the exploits of Dan Garret, a rookie patrolman who, by wearing bullet-proof blue chain mail, transformed himself into the mysterious Blue Beetle, a daring crusader for justice.
After his father was killed by a gangster's bullet, young Dan Garret joined the New York Police Department, but soon tired of the slow pace and red tape of police work. With the help of his friend and mentor, drug-store proprietor Dr. Franz, Garret acquired a costume of bullet-proof chainmail-like cellulose material and began a second life fighting crime as The Blue Beetle.
Garret’s calling card was a small, beetle-shaped marker that he left in conspicuous places to alert criminals to his presence, using their fear of his crime-fighting reputation as a weapon against them. For this purpose, he also used a Beetle Signal flashlight. The Blue Beetle's reputation was not his only weapon, however. He carried a revolver in a blue holster on his belt and was sometimes shown wearing a multi-pouched belt after the style set by Batman. Also in the Batman vein, the Blue Beetle had a Beetle Mobile car and a Beetle Bird airplane. In at least one radio adventure he carries something called a “magic ray machine.” The ray machine was a sort of super-scientific cutting device.
The Blue Beetle was created by Charles Nicholas. The character made his first appearance in August of 1939 in the comic book Mystery Men #1, published by Fox Features Syndicate. A newspaper strip of the Blue Beetle’s adventures appeared in early 1940. The character continued at Charlton Comics and was revised in 1964 with the original Blue Beetle reincarnated in a new body with his name changed from Garret to Garrett. In 1983-84 DC Comics passed the role to Ted Kord which continued at DC Comics in 1985 where he continues to appear unto the present day, although in “retirement”. The current Blue Beetle is Jaime Reye, a teenager from El Paso, a new and different, dark and spooky version with a new costume.
The Blue Beetle radio program aired as early as April 30, 1940 in the Durham, NC, market and a Variety article indicates a total of 27 half-hour adventures were produced. The show sometimes aired in fifteen-minute segments and sometimes in thirty-minute segments depending on the station, so the total number of episodes existing in collectors’ circles is either 24 or 48 depending on their length. Actor Frank Lovejoy provided the voice of the Blue Beetle for the first thirteen episodes. Later episodes were uncredited. Virginia Coyle was credited in one newspaper as playing Helen Downey and Charles Nicholas, the character’s creator, was identified in numerous articles as writing the radio scripts.
The Blue Beetle ran as a syndicated show across many stations during 1940 and 1941. Newspaper listings indicate interest in the program cooled in subsequent years, but it could still be found on the air as late as 1946.
Updates
Episodes updated to .flac format
Newspaper clippings added
Show review added
Comic strips added
CD labels updated

bojim1

Jim9, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and duhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/23/2023, 2:35 pm

What was our First Lady thinking about 83 years ago today?
Mrs Eleanor Roosevelt's Own Program 40-07-23 Service to the country by everyone

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/26/2023, 2:41 pm

Al Pearce 460131 Ep044 Bubble Bath Salesman

I used to run a dating agency for chickens . . .
But I was struggling to make hens meet!

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/27/2023, 1:38 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - 'The Cambridge Mystery'

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren't a robot.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/29/2023, 10:49 am

Lawless Twenties xxxxxx Ep012 Flood Of Bootleg Gold

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/30/2023, 11:42 am

Kraft Music Hall 1940-04-17 Bob Burns, D Lamour

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 7/30/2023, 2:06 pm

lasombra wrote:Kraft Music Hall 1940-04-17 Bob Burns, D Lamour

This one should be dated 1940-10-10.
BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, lasombra, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/30/2023, 2:56 pm

BobbyP wrote:
lasombra wrote:Kraft Music Hall 1940-04-17 Bob Burns, D Lamour

This one should be dated 1940-10-10.

I used Goldin's date. Thank you for the correction. Just to confirm for myself, Bobby, I found that Bob Burns' son Stephen Foster Burns was born on Sunday, October 6, 1940. Ain't research fun!

lasombra

CRGibson, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/31/2023, 11:29 am

Forbidden Cargo 550416 Ep024 Time Flies

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/1/2023, 9:28 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - 'The Coffins of San Cristobal'

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 8/2/2023, 1:20 am

Many thanks for the Forbidden Cargo episode. I didn't have that one......Jim

bojim1

lasombra likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/2/2023, 12:41 pm

Forbidden Cargo 550131 Ep 019 Yellow Madness

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/3/2023, 11:40 am

Majestic Theater of the Air 320524 Ep55

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/5/2023, 2:00 pm

Popeye - Popeye and the Runaway Streetcar 350910

"How long have you been working at that office?"
"Ever since they threatened to fire me."

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, duhar and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/6/2023, 1:58 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - 'The Desmond Taylor Murder Mystery'

Customer: What do you have with no fat and no sugar?
Waitress: Napkins.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 8/7/2023, 1:39 am

Certified Have Gun Will Travel

This is the Single Episodes Page. The Certified Set includes extras not found here. It is located at OTRR Certified Set

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it. Clicking on the link provided took me to Phillip Marlow...we will wait..

This happened when Mr Keen was released and there were new episodes that weren't included in the singles set

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson and kdmarket like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/7/2023, 2:01 pm

Forbidden Cargo 550305 Ep018 Thousand Nightmares

Accordion to a recent survey, replacing words with the names of musical instruments in a sentence often goes unnoticed.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/9/2023, 9:55 am

Quiet Please 480105 Ep031 Little Visitor

Fric: I was going to dance down a spiral staircase for your birthday, but I decided not to.
Frac: Why not?
Fric: Because I am a Fred Astaires.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, duhar, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/10/2023, 6:48 am

greybelt wrote:This may go under the title "Sharing Shows from Someone Else's Collection" Smile

This site has some nice transcription recordings, an eclectic bunch, that spans decades.

1947-05-12 The Lux Radio Theatre -Johnny O'Clock
This is a different network recording -- there is a complete one in circulation. This is from disc but the commercials were edited out in the copying of the disc, likely for an agent or for one of the performers. There is some scratchiness on the disc. This is more of a completist recording.

1955-01-04 The Lux Radio Theatre - Mother Wore Tights
This is a nice NETWORK recording -- there is an AFRS recording in circulation in poor sound.

There are many other recordings there that might be of interest to Cobaltians. It's worth taking a look at the site. The recordings cannot be downloaded directly. If anyone can figure out how or who takes the time to let them play through their sound card and recording as it happens, please let the group know.

I know this post was from 11 months ago, but I have remembered this and I have finally gotten to where I have the time to work on this. So, I have been recording the streams from here and saving them as flacs. I will be happy to post them here at the club and am working from newest post to oldest post so that's where we will start. I'll post 1 a day.

gathol

bojim1, kdmarket, duhar and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/10/2023, 7:07 am

First up from Lupine Assassin

The Man Called X 471130 Checkmate in Tahiti - 100th broadcast for Frigidaire

The interesting thing about this file is it contains some comments from Herbert Marshall at the :42 second mark about the Frigidaire sponsorship and also the opening commercial which the mp3 file in my collection doesn't have. The close is also a bit different from my mp3 file in that the mp3 has the usual CBS announcement while the audience is clapping. This disc has the CBS announcement made by the person adding the by transcription notation at the end without the audience.

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and duhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next