The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 9 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 1/29/2023, 1:31 pm

From Goldin: John B. Kennedy. September 20, 1945. ABC net. Sustaining. A program of news and commentary. Colonel Peron is involved in unrest in Argentina. Is Hitler secretly supporting him? American relief supplies are being distributed in Poland. The truths about the concentration camps are being revealed. A housing shortage is developing the the United States.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 9 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by greybelt 1/30/2023, 6:37 am

All four of the The Dusty Attic program's tribute to newspapers are now available at the Internet Archive

For the next 7 days they can also be downloaded at

Saturday January 7 / Sunday January 8
The Big Story - Audition show 1946-02-05 Feature Assignment (never aired) - the original plans for the series were a bit different than when The Big Story came to the air in 1947; this is the famous story about a young man sent to prison, framed for a murder to cover up police corruption during Prohibition; he was freed many years later after his mother, who cleaned offices overnight for many years, so she could offer her life savings as a cash reward to someone, anyone, who would finally step forward with the truth
Screen Director's Playhouse 1949-12-09 Call Northside 777 starring Jimmy Stewart - Hollywood offers a superb treatment of the very same news story, with Jimmy Stewart's top-notch radio acting skills and a big-budget production

Saturday January 14  / Sunday January 15
Night Beat - 1951-06-08 Search for Fred - a case of rabies paralyzes Chicago, with Frank Lovejoy as Randy Stone in one of classic radio's finest series
Big Town - 1939-07-14 Deep Death - Edward G. Robinson covers a tragic story of a mine collapse and its far-reaching implications for the industry

Saturday January 21 / Sunday January 22
The Big Story 1950-12-06 Bernard Beckwith, Denver Post reporter, encounters a peculiar carpenter who keeps changing the story of his wife's mysterious death
Casey, Crime Photographer 1947-05-08 The Laughing Killer - a former bandleader is out of prison, framed for a murder he didn't commit, the kind of story that always drove Casey to find the truth

Saturday January 28 / Sunday January 29
Night Beat - 1952-07-03 The Old Itch - Randy Stone is driven to his wits end by a reporter, played by real-life wife Joan Banks, whom Randy finds attractive and frustrating as a competitor; it's clear that Frank and Joan are having a marvelous time performing in a script expressly written for their talents and their personal affection
Casey, Crime Photographer - 1947-03-20 The Demon Miner - A rejected Shadow script is re-written to become one of the most exciting Casey episodes ever produced.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Gordon Johansen, duhar, g87 and nickp57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 1/30/2023, 1:25 pm

America United 450401 Ep013 Racial And Religious Tolerance

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 1/31/2023, 12:20 pm

New World A Coming 450107 Ep029 Hot Spots, USA

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/1/2023, 3:46 am

Today on Facebook From Ted Davenport

I don't know if Jerry's in poor health.....We all certainly hope he's well
Weird Circle 431205 (15) The Great Plague

Since Jerry is not able to post any longer (all the best my friend) I thought I might try posting daily. They will not be uncirculating as Jerry's were, but they all will be from disc. I hope that you enjoy them. By the way, all of them come from my Buyer's Group. If you would like information on how to become a member, email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Last edited by bojim1 on 2/2/2023, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

bojim1

Jim9, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/1/2023, 11:56 am

Downbeat 44-03-07 King Cole Trio

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/2/2023, 11:35 am

The Heartbeat of Broadway 59-02-xx pgm #4 The Story Behind 'Kiss Me Kate'

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, g87 and timbabwe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 2/3/2023, 12:19 am

amos & andy 1952-01-06

amos & andy 1952-01-13

Last edited by kdmarket on 2/6/2023, 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
kdmarket
kdmarket

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/3/2023, 9:36 am

Today is the 80th anniversary of the sinking of the USS Dorchester, and the unselfish sacrifice made by the chaplains on board. The story was dramatized on radio many times. Read about The Four Chaplains at this page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where there are links to the dramatizations, including the Hallmark Hall of Fame "Glory at Sea" with Frank Lovejoy

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Tom-In-Ohio, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/3/2023, 10:39 pm

Cobalt Club in Tanganyika, hum.....
Man Called X 52-04-01 Cobalt Conspiracy in Tanganyika

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/4/2023, 2:43 am

From Ted Davenport

As to my posting today. This is one I digitized yesterday from my reels. This one is not listed in the OTRR log, so it may not be available in their library. By the way, if you would like me to post a show from your favorite series just drop me a note either here or at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If you would like to receive 50 - 100 hours of my digitized files each month, please send me an email. The cost is $25.00 per month and I would love to have you!!! I hope that you enjoy my posting for today.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/5/2023, 1:08 pm

Wayside Theater 39-01-08 Love Goes to Night School

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/8/2023, 11:38 am

Lum and Abner 49-03-13 Golden Fleece Finance

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/9/2023, 9:34 pm

Hopalong Cassidy 50-08-27 035 An Old Spanish Custom

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/10/2023, 1:11 am

From Ted Davenport ·

Well, it's that time again. Another of my favorite shows is Cavalcade Of America. Most everything is available through 1946. That's where they seem to stop. It's almost as if whoever was recording them took a break and just never went back to finish the series. Well, here is one from the elusive "missing" years. It is not from disc, but I thought the sound quality was nice. It might be a tad slow but I haven't had a chance to speed correct yet. It came off of a reel I digitized today. I hope that you enjoy it.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wich2 2/10/2023, 10:25 am

Ted has stepped up, since (St.) Jerry Haendiges has retired from regular sharings.

As far as CAVALCADE, American University has some very sharp holdings ~

Best,
- Craig

wich2

Jim9, BobbyP, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/10/2023, 2:16 pm

Quiet Please 471208 Ep027 Some People Don't Die

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/11/2023, 2:07 pm

Matinee Theater 441119 Ep005 Scarlet Pimpernel

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/12/2023, 3:32 am

The latest From Ted Davenport ·

I am heading for bed after a long day and I have Great-Grandpa duty all day tomorrow. This is also a favorite series of mine. It sounds like all of them are favorites, doesn't it? I hope that you enjoy it. Remember these shows come from my Buyer's Group. If that is something that appeals to you, we would love to have you as a member. Anyway, enjoy!!!

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/12/2023, 4:05 pm

Music With Wings 45-08-28 Vocals by Sgt. Bob Houston, Sgt. Frank Gallagher

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/15/2023, 1:32 am

Ted Davenport ·

For my posting tonight I am sharing a show from Heartbeat Theater. I have a sentimental attachment to this one. When I was a teenager my curfew was 11:30 on Friday & Saturday nights. I would listen to this series while laying in bed around 11:30 on Saturday night. Fast forward a few years and I would trade Jack Daniels to the owner of the stations for discs of the show. Not everyone will like the series, but I do. Let me know what you think.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/17/2023, 1:59 am

Ted Davenport ·

Tonight I thought I would post a show from a series I just finished - Roy Rogers. If you are interested in the set, a donation will do the trick. Just email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I really hope that you enjoy the show. I used to watch Roy Rogers on television every Saturday.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/17/2023, 11:57 pm

Ted Davenport ·

Well, it's about that time again. I have selected Bing Crosby for tonight. He conquered recordings, radio, movies and later television. He had the personality to put his singing voice over. He made mistakes in his personal life, but didn't we all? Sit back and enjoy Bing. I know that I will.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/18/2023, 7:46 am

Today's Suspense blogpost is Sorry, Wrong Number. It debunks all kinds of myths about the show. It's a really good post that your fellow OTR hobbyists who are not on Cobalt will enjoy. Please share it with them

greybelt
greybelt

bojim1, kdmarket, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/18/2023, 12:00 pm

Treasury Bandstand 45-07-21 CBS Tommy Tucker

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next