The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 10 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 2/19/2023, 10:26 am

Snow Village Sketches 370605 Ep036 Too Cheap

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 10 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by bojim1 2/20/2023, 1:45 am

Ted Davenport

Well, it's that time again. I thought I would post before I get sleepy tonight!!! This is from one of my favorite comedians (right behind my all time favorite, Jack Benny), Fred Allen. He had one of the driest sense of humor than anyone I know of. He was always ready with a comeback. Were they ad- libbed or scripted? That is very hard to say as he wrote most, if not all, of his material. Well, here it is. Enjoy!!!

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/20/2023, 4:55 am

Ted Davenport

It's about that time again. I posted a Phil Harris & Alice Faye Show a while back. It was so well received that I decided to post another. I really love that show. It is just as fresh today as it was then.

It's about that time again. I posted a Phil Harris & Alice Faye Show a while back. It was so well received that I decided to post another. I really love that show. It is just as fresh today as it was then.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, Oday450, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/21/2023, 11:58 pm

Ted Davenport

It's getting about time to post. I decided to post an episode of Escape from my set. We have been working on this series for years trying to upgrade the sound quality as much as possible. Back in those days we had to deal with generation loss from analog tape. You would keep trading for the same show in the hope that they copied from an earlier generation than what you had. I know that Terry Salomonson redid the entire series at least 4 or 5 times!!! It is extremely difficult to choose a favorite episode from this series. There are just so many good ones!!! When I first heard this particular episode it had me completely spellbound!!! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. Here we go to offer you Escape!!!

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/22/2023, 11:41 am

Happy birthday, George Washington & Jim Anderson!
Father Knows Best 510222 Always tell the truth

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, wich2, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/22/2023, 11:45 pm

Two from Ted

Ted Davenport

I'm a little late tonight but I got into a reel of early Amos & Andy in EX sound quality!!! That got me really excited. It occurred to me that I haven't posted any music shows yet. I have a large amount of them because I really like the music from then. So here goes. I hope that you enjoy it.

Ted Davenport

I am posting early today because of the response to the music show. My favorite of the Big Bands was Tommy Dorsey. Here is a remote of his from 1940. It includes the vocal talents of Frank Sinatra & Jo Stafford. It is interesting to note how Sinatra's style changed from those early years. I hope that you enjoy it.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 10 Empty deleted

Post by bojim1 2/22/2023, 11:47 pm

Deleted

Last edited by bojim1 on 2/24/2023, 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

bojim1

Jim9 and kdmarket like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/23/2023, 11:54 am

Calling All Detectives - 1948-10-29 - #297 - 'Cooking Up Trouble'

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/23/2023, 2:04 pm

bojim1 wrote:New one to me....Googled it and don't see it available anywhere else
Appointment With Fear - Into Thin Air Not   Not good sound quality

That's a BBC show.
BobbyP
BobbyP

kdmarket likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/24/2023, 2:18 am

Ted Davenport

Guess I am posting two today. This is another Inner Sanctum. I remember the first episode from this series I heard back in the early 1970's - The Judas Clock. I became a fan for life. I received a donation today and was very thankful. I am having to have new rubber attached to a reel pinch roller on my machine. Ouch! There is no way that will be cheap!! If you feel moved to donate, I could sure use it. Just send to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I will be glad to send you material from my sets. Thank you in advance.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/24/2023, 4:09 pm

Tennessee Jed 450903 ep001 Shooting Match

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/26/2023, 12:08 am

Ted Davenport ·

It's that time again. I decided to post before I get too tired. Here is another music program from one of my favorite vocalists - Dinah Shore. I promise to get back to comedy & drama tomorrow. I trust that you will enjoy this one.

Ted Davenport ·
1h
·
I want to try something different tonight. I have a mountain of Public Affairs broadcasts and I would like to know if they are something you would be interested in or should I just quietly add them to my collection and not post. Well, here they are. I will be interested in reading your comments.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/26/2023, 12:09 am

DROPBOX LINK POSTED BELOW

Dropbox/OneDrive/pCloud - Family Theater v2302

OTRR-maintained Family Theater v2302 (10.3 GB on Windows/525 episodes) is available for download from Dropbox, OneDrive or pCloud. Thanks to all those who made this collection possible.

IMPORTANT: This is being distributed as three zip files. In Windows, right-click on the file and choose Extract all.
These links will be available for 30 days. The episodes of this set will be released on our YouTube channel at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] starting February 25.
Note: with this distro, we are changing how the share links are being presented. They are still for Dropbox, OneDrive, and pCloud as listed. However, we're using a link shortener that we control, which allows us to see which services are used and which announcements get the most traffic. Right now, only pCloud gives us reports on weekly traffic.

Synopsis:
While a priest in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, New York, Father Patrick Peyton got involved with The Holy Rosary radio programs that were aired by stations in the Albany and Schenectady area. These initial radio contacts combined with an acquaintance with the local Variety correspondent led to Father Peyton’s first national radio effort. In 1945 he organized a Mother’s Day broadcast over the Mutual Broadcasting System featuring Bing Crosby, who Father Peyton had cold-called about hosting the event.
For the next two years, Father Peyton toiled to bring an ongoing series to the air that would focus on Peyton’s indomitable belief in the power of prayer and its role in family life. Mutual again would be his landing place when the system’s president, Edgar Kobak, agreed to donate a time slot. In return, Kobak wanted a first-rate production as well as Peyton to cover all the production expenses.
During his last two years of efforts to bring a new radio series to the air, Father Peyton had made many contacts in the film and radio industries. Tom Lewis, Bob Longenecker, and Al Scalpone were brought on board to take care of behind-the-scenes operations and Family Theater premiered on February 13, 1947. Originating from KHJ’s Hollywood studios, the program was heard from coast to coast though not initially at the same time or even on the same day.
Every week the guest host would intone “More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.” In focusing his series on prayer, Father Peyton frequently found himself gently resisting pressure from the Catholic Church hierarchy to slip more doctrine into the scripts while still creating an environment that welcomed a variety of Hollywood stars, many of whom found a bit of positive publicity for their efforts.
Family Theater was never sponsored, nor did Father Peyton ever attempt to turn it into a commercial show. He worked relentlessly to raise the money needed to cover the production costs week in and week out. The quality of the show was recognized by a number of awards over the years and Family Theater aired new episodes at least until 1957, ten years after its debut, and was still heard in reruns on Mutual into the 1960s, well past radio’s Golden Era.
This synopsis is based on information published in Karl Schadow’s Family Theater: Every Home (Radio Spirits Family Theater release #47252, 2015), courtesy of Radio Spirits and the author, and John Dunning’s The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio.

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper, otrhead and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/27/2023, 12:56 am

Ted Davenport

Before I start I owe Goodmond H Danielsen III an apology. He used to supply discs transfers for my Buyer's Group. I once made the comment that Proudly We Hail was only public service material. I have been digitizing some first generation reels and Proudly We Hail was among them. When I actually listened to the show all the way through I discovered how good the show actually was!!! Anyway, I hope that you enjoy the show even though it was a Christmas show. I certainly did!

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, duhar and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/27/2023, 11:33 am

Has anyone heard from Toebig?

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

bojim1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/27/2023, 12:26 pm

I JUST HEARD FROM TOEBIG!!!

Good morning Joe,

Sorry to be so silent. Since mid-October it's been one thing after another. First a cold, then the flu, then pneumonia, then an arthritis episode (Still going) that is making my right hand almost useless. To top it off this last week was really bad and was told by the doc Friday that it is covid.

I told my Pastor that I'm not depressed, but boy, am I discouraged. I guess it comes with being almost 84 years old.

You can pass this along to the group if you feel it is ok.

Thank you for your prayers and concerns,

Tom

If anyone wants to kick in a few bucks and send Tom a get well item please private message me

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 2/27/2023, 2:17 pm

It's good to hear from toebig. I wish I could pitch in but no work and so forth. Send along my best!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/27/2023, 2:18 pm

I heard from him yesterday. I was going to ask him if I could share here. Glad you did.

Front Page Farrell 6-20-1949 (NBC) Case of the Fatal Smile

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wich2 2/27/2023, 3:21 pm

Prayers from here, Tom.

Some tough rows to hoe in the world right now - both micro- and macro-.

- Craig

wich2

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/28/2023, 1:38 am

God Bless you Tom....I say a little Prayer to you every time I sign in

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 2/28/2023, 1:39 am

Ted Davenport

What could be better than a little Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy? Well, maybe the guest being Judy Garland!!! I know at least one person out there is a big Judy Garland fan. This one is for you.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/28/2023, 12:11 pm

Candid Microphone 500718 072 Guest-Bela Lugosi

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/28/2023, 4:18 pm

lasombra wrote:Candid Microphone 500718 072 Guest-Bela Lugosi

This one should be dated June 27, 1950.
BobbyP
BobbyP

kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/28/2023, 11:41 pm

BobbyP wrote:
lasombra wrote:Candid Microphone 500718 072 Guest-Bela Lugosi

This one should be dated June 27, 1950.

What's your source, BobbyP? Both Goldin and Haendigas have July 18, 1950.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/1/2023, 2:05 am

Ted Davenport

Posting early today. I know that some of you have said that you didn't like westerns. Well, I do especially if they star the great, late John Dehner. I believe that he died from the complications of emphysema. A lot did back then due to cigarette smoking. I was diagnosed with COPD back in my 30's but elected to quit smoking. Because of that, the disease hasn't really impacted my life negatively. Sure glad I made that decision? That was almost 35 years ago. Well, enough about that. Here is Mr. Dehner...

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next