The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 22 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by gathol 8/10/2023, 7:18 am

Oh why not go ahead and do two today to celebrate starting this.

Arthur Godfrey Time 471128 The Day After Thanksgiving

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

greybelt, Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and duhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 22 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by gathol 8/11/2023, 8:31 am

Just one today and here is the goldindex listing for it. Lupine does not mention Project 20 on his site, just Fred Allen - The Jazz Age. I wonder if it was a simulcast on radio?

Project Twenty. December 06, 1956. NBC-TV net. "The Jazz Age". Sponsored by: Commercials deleted. The famous documentary about the 1920's, with the superb musical score by Robert Russell Bennett. Fred Allen (narrator), Robert Russell Bennett (music). 53 1/2 minutes. Audio Condition: Very good to excellent. Otherwise complete.

gathol

greybelt, Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 8/11/2023, 1:22 pm

gathol wrote:Just one today and here is the goldindex listing for it.  Lupine does not mention Project 20 on his site, just Fred Allen - The Jazz Age.  I wonder if it was a simulcast on radio?

No, NBC radio broadcast news at 10 that day, followed by the Conservation Club at 10:15.
BobbyP
BobbyP

gathol, scooper and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Graham 8/11/2023, 1:50 pm

I wonder if this were made for rebroadcast overseas, although it does n't have any of the typical AFRS markings.

Or if not live rebroadcast, maybe it was broadcast over radio at a later time.

Adam Graham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainwater5439 8/12/2023, 9:09 am

Here's two interesting oddities I found:

07/01/1937 The Life Of Irene Castle - First Trip Abroad:

08/02/1940 Broadcast by Admiral Richard E. Byrd from Bangor, Maine to the "Little America III" base in Antarctica:

Rainwater5439

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/12/2023, 11:11 am

First, before I get to today's posting, I wanted to be sure to tell everyone I have changed my mind and I will try to do 2 shows each day. That will allow us to get through this material faster. I also wanted to make sure that everyone knows Lupine Assassin does have the pictures of his transcription disc labels also with each file, so for those of you who do like that they are there on his site.

Today will be 2 episodes of Stand By For Crime. Radiogoldindex says this was syndicated by Cheshire and Associates. These programs today are Charles Michelson Transcriptions and the program numbers do not match up with what OTRR has. Could these be a reissue?

stand by for crime 01 Dope Peddler - Charles Michelson Transcription - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

stand by for crime 02 Death on the Tracks - Charles Michelson Transcription - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 8/12/2023, 12:36 pm

Hildegarde 1937

kdmarket
kdmarket

Jim9, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1, g87 and timbabwe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 8/13/2023, 4:40 am

Here's the link to HGWT.....3 zip folders

bojim1

Jim9, gathol, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/13/2023, 9:31 am

Next on Lupine Assassin's mixcloud site is 2 episodes of Pat O'Brien from Inside Hollywood. Jerry is the only one I can find with a log and I'm not sure why, but his titles don't match with the episode numbers I am posting so I have made up my own titles for these. Are there more of these out there? I now have 3 with the addition of these two.

pat obrien from inside hollywood 131 Writing Letters to Congress - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pat obrien from inside hollywood 132 Reunion - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/13/2023, 10:56 am

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - 'The Haunted Railroad'

Which letter is silent in the word "SCENT" - the S or the C?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 8/13/2023, 11:31 am

Here are the Pat O'Briens I have

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/13/2023, 12:18 pm

Thank you wildcat - that was 10 I didn't have. Here is the other Pat O'Brien I said I have.

45 baseball players - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/14/2023, 7:59 am

today from Lupine - 2 episodes of CBS News - News from Europe

news from europe 400803 News from Europe - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

news from europe 400805 0800 News from Europe - Tides Are Right for a Nazi Invasion
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/14/2023, 8:05 am

As I was surfing the net last night on my phone I came across another episode of Pat O'Brien from Inside Hollywood. I raced over to my computer to stream it so here it is.

pat obrien from inside hollywood 142 Ghost Rider - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/15/2023, 7:24 am

Up next from Lupine Assassin is 24 episodes of a series called Pennsylvania Keystone of Democracy. At 2 episodes a day it would take us 12 days just to get through this series, so I think I will put 6 episodes in a zip a day so we can get through it in 4 days.

Pennsylvania Keystone of Democracy Episodes 1-6 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Included episodes:
01 Washington at Valley Forge
02 William Penn
03 Don't Give Up the Ship
04 Liberty Bell
05 Benjamin Franklin and the Constitution
06 Educating for Democracy

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen, duhar and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 8/16/2023, 6:52 am

TODAY, AUGUST 16, 2023, 12 NOON US EASTERN TIME
YesterdayUSA Red Network will be running the Suspense mini-marathon! Listen in at the TuneIn streaming app or at YesterdayUSA.com or go directly to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Show intros are by yours truly and "special guests" voiced by fellow collector and international entertainer Keith Scott.

It runs 6 hours -- enjoy!

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

kdmarket and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/16/2023, 8:47 am

Pennsylvania Keystone of Democracy Episodes 07-12 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

07 Oil in Pennsylvania
08 Women for Democracy
09 Young Washington in Pennsylvania
10 Rifles in the Wilderness
11 The Fight for Freedom
12 Lincoln at Gettysburg

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/16/2023, 3:24 pm

Forbidden Cargo 550103 #15 A Three Ring Circus

My mind is like an internet browser: at least 18 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I don't have a clue where the music is coming from.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/17/2023, 9:36 am

Pennsylvania Keystone of Democracy Episodes 13-18 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13 The Sullivan Expedition
14 Captain John Barry USN
15 Stephen Collins Foster
16 The Harmony Society
17 Black Diamonds
18 Andrew Gregg Curtin-War Governor

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/17/2023, 11:51 am

Majestic Theater of the Air 320531 Ep56

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/18/2023, 7:41 am

Pennsylvania Keystone of Democracy Episodes 19-24 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19 Daniel Boone
20 Wagons West
21 Dr Elizabeth Reifsnyder
22 Founding the Nation_s Steel Industry
23 Labor for Democracy
24 Birth of the Marines

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/18/2023, 7:00 pm

Railroad Hour 501106 Ep110 Irene

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 8/19/2023, 2:48 am

Ted M Davenport
·
I would like to ask your patience in waiting for our new website will be up. Our IT man is out of town and we need him to put the finishing touches before we can put it up. We want for you to be able to download individual episodes as well as full series. I am as excited as you are to see it up and running. There have been no donations coming in and I am just hopeful that no equipment breaks down until the website is up and running.
One of the sets we are offering this month is Amos & Andy. I thought I would post one of the episodes as a sample of the set. It is one of my favorite episodes.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, Oday450, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/19/2023, 3:59 am

Today we have 2 episodes of Young Dr Malone

young dr malone xxxxxx 1445 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

young dr malone xxxxxx 1446 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, scooper, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/19/2023, 11:54 am

Very relevant today! Screen Guild Theater 42-02-15 (CBS) Liberty is a Lady

lasombra

Jim9, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next