The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
BobbyP
duhar
Gordon Johansen
bojim1
nightkey
otrhead
JazzMan
toebig
lasombra
greybelt
eliyahusimlevin
mjnunes84
ghemrats
Rearle1
Yankeegipper57
RadioWisconsin
Egg_Crisis
shadowsmom
Harlow Wilcox
Wildcat44
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
Tom-In-Ohio
dbf
28 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 18 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 11/1/2020, 10:59 am

Another Sunday! Southern Baptist Theological Seminary 4-3-45:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to meet him.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 18 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by toebig 11/1/2020, 11:26 am

It's Sunday, have a blessed day.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #37

Gary Crosby Show, 540815

Rocky Fortune, 540330, 'Boarding House Double-Cross'

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzMan 11/1/2020, 1:54 pm

Thank you Tom.

I am going to be deleting the files that I shared on this thread and for Quiet Please and Hearts in Harmony in 1 week to make space for a new project. If you want a copy after that point - ask the downloaders to post a copy for you. I had at least 20 for each file - so someone should be able to post it for you.

I think Greybelt mentioned this project and its going to take up a bit of space. Eventually the material will be shared with everyone.

take care

JazzMan

kdmarket and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/2/2020, 2:33 pm

I was taking the trash out this morning (still dark) pick up at about 5:45 am. Heard a noise behind me and there was a bear coming for his breakfast. I always carry a million candle power flashlight and he got it right in the face. Luckily he turned and ran away. This has happened a couple of times before. Praise God for the outcome.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #38

Jack Benny - Money or Your Life show 03-28-48

The Eddie Cantor Show - with guests Jack Benny George Burns Gracie Allen and Groucho Marx 06-09-43

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/3/2020, 11:28 am

The sky in our valley are finally clear of smoke. The last three days have been beautiful.

I haven’t talked to my wife in three weeks. I didn’t want to interrupt her.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #39

Abbott and Costello - Bela Lugosis Haunted House 5-5-48

Let George Do It - 4 Portrait of a Suicide 11-07-52

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/3/2020, 1:08 pm

Museum of Modern Music 5-13-47 1st song Just You, Just Me:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their tent all set up, both men fell asleep.   Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, 'Kemo Sabe, look towards sky, what you see?" The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."  "What that tell you?" asked Tonto.  The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute, then says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.  Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.  What's it tell you, Tonto?" "That tell me someone stole tent.”

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 11/3/2020, 7:26 pm

I'm having a problem with the JB discs only managing to retrieve several shows at a time. So much for archiving to CD. Anyways, I managed to salvage another 100+ shows.

Jack Benny Program 41-02-09 398 Sponsor Likes Herbert Marshall

Jack Benny Program 41-02-16 399 Surprise Birthday Party

Jack Benny Program 41-02-23 400 Tee Pee Hotel (static from 10min To 12 Min)

otrhead

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/4/2020, 8:32 pm

Sorry for being late again. I went outside to split logs this morning before it got hot. 92 degrees this afternoon and we have a 60%chance of snow on Sunday. Pray it happens as we really need the moisture.

I split four cords of wood each year for heat (we prefer wood over our gas heater). For those that don't know a cord of wood is a stack 4 feet high, 4 feet wide, and 8 feet long. That's about 1500 logs for me to split each year. I use an 8 pound splitting maul and split by hand. I only work an hour or so each day. It keeps me young and healthy, well really keeps me old, sore, and tired, but I think healthy also.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #40

Bob And Victoria 1947-03-10 (31) To Lose One's Heart Is To Find It

Cavalcade Of America 1945-03-19 (427) Sign Here, Please

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/4/2020, 11:55 pm

From Goldin: In Bold Relief. January 24, 1945. The Michigan Radio network. Hi-Speed Gasoline. The first tune is, "There's Beauty Everywhere." Dick Osgood ("The Hi-Speed Serviceman Of The Air") tells the story of Roger Martin Kyes. He worked for Martin aircraft and The Empire Plow Company as an economist. He also founded the National Farm Youth Foundation. Benny Kyte and His Orchestra, Dick Osgood (writer, announcer).

Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married.
The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

lasombra

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/5/2020, 11:03 am

Another trip to Bakersfield today, shopping and a doctor's appointment for Carolyn. Driving for me lol.

Below is the first hour of 46 hours of the history of rock and roll. I will post all 46 hours if there is any interest. Let me know. If I get no replies, I will not post any more.

Studies have shown that if a Farmers talks to his cow they'll produce more milk..... giving rise to the idea that it goes in one ear and out the udder.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #41

History of Rock and Roll Hour 1 of 46

Falcon - Murder is a Family Affair (Starring James Meighan) (1945-11-27)

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, Seamus, bojim1, RadioWisconsin and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/6/2020, 11:39 am

It's now up to a 90% chance of snow by Sunday. Really early for us to get any rain or snow, but we need it.

My wife blocked me on facebook because I post too many bird puns. Well toucan play at that game.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #42

The Komedy Kingdom (1937) - 4 Music

True Detective Mysteries 1937 #18 Innocent Woman Saved (RA313)

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/6/2020, 12:25 pm

NBC Presents Short Story 4-18-51 Beautiful Summer in Newport:

After 10 years, the wife starts to think their child looks a little odd, so she decides to do a DNA test. She finds out that the kid is actually from completely different parents.
Wife: Honey, I have something very serious to tell you.
Husband: What's up?
Wife: According to DNA test results, this is not our child.
Husband: Well, don't you remember? When we were leaving the hospital that night, you saw the baby had pooped his diaper. Then you said: Please go change the baby, I'll wait for you here. So I went inside, got a clean one and left the messy one there.

lasombra

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 11/6/2020, 12:38 pm

Hi,

Thanks for everything.

Is there an Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #35?
nightkey
nightkey

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/7/2020, 1:30 am

Sorry nightkey, here it is. Don't know how I missed it.

Tom

Marco Polo episode 35

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, nightkey, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 11/7/2020, 6:36 am

Love True Detective Mysteries....thanks!

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/7/2020, 12:15 pm

It just started raining. Thank God, we really need it.

I used to have winter fat but now I have spring rolls.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #43

Fat Man 460121 The 19th Pearl

Lux Radio Theater 360608 The Thin Man

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/7/2020, 4:00 pm

Naval Air Reserve Show 03/xx/49 guest Buddy Clark:

A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.

lasombra

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/8/2020, 11:23 am

Well, it's not snowing, but it is spitting hail and rain mix.

I saw a sign that said “watch for children” and I thought, “That sounds like a fair trade.”

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #44

Mr and Mrs North - Dead Giveaway 02-19-52

Strange Endings 01 The Luck of Joe Sims

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/8/2020, 2:54 pm

I've never heard a Strange Endings show before, toebig. Do you have any more? Or any information about it?

It seems like every other day is a Sunday. The week goes by so fast. Time for a little faith! From Goldin: Faith In Our Time. February 01, 1949. Mutual net. Sustaining. Dr. J. Richard Snead speaks from Los Angeles. His subject is, "Rekindling Your Enthusiasm.". J. Richard Snead, R. V. Harding (soloist, music director).

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Rearle1, Sagebrush.1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/9/2020, 12:23 pm

We did get some snow, hail and rain yesterday. It's not enough, but it is an early start to our limited rainy season.

What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back? A stick.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #45

Cocoanut Grove Ambassadors - Gus Arnheim - First Song Sing a Little Jingle 1931

Screen directors playhouse - The killers 06-05-49

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/9/2020, 1:59 pm

National Farm and Home Hour 2-16-57 Cattle numbers turning down:

A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

lasombra

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 11/10/2020, 11:34 am

I am a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.

Adventures of Marco Polo 1930s #46

Big Bands From Chicago 05 JERRY GRAY 6-8-51 Edgewater Beach Hotel NBC

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/10/2020, 2:43 pm

Raffles 11-04-42 The Imposter:

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the
craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

lasombra

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Johansen 11/10/2020, 4:02 pm

Thanks again for all of the shares Tom. I just listened to the first of the Rock and Roll shows and would love to hear the rest. I've finding myself bouncing on my ball chair as I type and work which is a good sign.

Glad to hear about the rain for you guys. We've got a few inches of snow where I am and Southern Alberta was getting 10-20" with a major blizzard on Saturday. Two days earlier, it was 70F here.

Gordon Johansen

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 11/10/2020, 4:45 pm

Gordon, the History of Rock and Roll was produced after 1962. We're not permitted to post anything after 1962 here in the Cobalt Club. I think you might find something at

lasombra

Gordon Johansen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next